In 1994, on Hawai‘i Island, a new standard in living was created by Hualālai Resort. They promised relaxed island luxury, rich culture and romantic beauty.
Two years later, Four Seasons Resort Hualālai opened their doors and welcomed guests to experience the splendor of Hualālai at historic Ka‘ūpūlehu. Waves of travelers visited and returned, eventually staying to build a community here on this ahupua‘a (land division) by the sea.
Today, Hualālai is an award-winning residential resort community consistently ranked among the top of the world’s best hotels lists. These past 25 years we’ve shared our spirit of aloha, and look forward to continuing to share the legacy of this truly Hawaiian destination with new generations of visitors and potential residents and their families and friends.
Memories and Milestones
- 1996: Four Seasons Resort Hualālai and the first Jack Nicklaus Signature course on Hawai‘i Island; first residential property sale
- 1997: First MasterCard Championship is hosted
- 1999: Four Seasons Resort Hualālai receives the first of 18 consecutive AAA Five Diamond Awards; Hualālai Sports Club & Spa named #1 by Travel + Leisure magazine
- 2001: Hualālai Coffee Company opens
- 2002: Hualālai Club Membership Program is introduced
- 2002: First nine holes of the “Weiskopf Course” (now Ke‘olu) unveiled; Hualālai Canoe Club opens
- 2003: Residents form the Hualālai ‘Ohana Foundation
- 2004: Ke‘olu Member-only Golf Course is completed
- 2006: Ke‘olu Member-only Clubhouse opens; Hualālai welcomes new owners Hualālai Investors, LLC and new CEO/President Patrick Fitzgerald
- 2009: Bridge Suites completed; re-imagined Beach Tree Restaurant re-opens
- 2011: Enhanced Palm Tree Grove debuts, with new privacy pool and swim-up bar
- 2015: Re-modeled and expanded comfort stations open on Ke‘olu Golf Course; renovated and expanded Hualālai Trading Company re-opens; two new bocce ball courts replace the sand volleyball court
- 2016: Hualālai Resort has sold 193 villas and 181 lots/homes, nearly 20 years since the first residential sale
- 2020: Hualālai Golf Hale opens
- 2021: Four Seasons Resort Hualālai room renovations. Adding a new bungalow with 2 suites and 4 additional rooms. Enhancing our Hawai`i Loa, Makaloa, and Ho`onanea Suites with a second floor level.
- 2021: Hualālai Golf Course renovation.
Our 25th Year
Hualālai Resort reached a milestone in September 2021: 25 years of excellence as one of the world’s most acclaimed luxury residential resorts. We look forward to another 25 years of excellence by providing impeccable service with the spirit of aloha.